Skip to content

6 Flags Adventures

April 11, 2010

Yesterday the college group from LBC went to 6 Flags

This was half of our group

When we first got there we were waiting for the rest of our group to arrive, so I went and tried to sell an extra ticket that we had (since one of the guys didn’t come). I found a guy who wanted to buy it, but he wanted to make sure that it really worked so I had to follow him into the park and then he paid me. Since I was already inside and the rest of the group was fairly close behind, I just stayed inside and waited for them. While I was waiting I decided to find out more about the “Spring Hallelujah Jubilee” that our tickets mentioned. After asking the girl at the exit (who had no idea), I went to the next staff member that I saw standing around and asked him about it, who was singing, etc. While we were talking and he is pulling out programs and looking at them, I saw that his name tag said he was the “park president.” I was like “You’re the park president?” Then I felt bad for having been just chatting with him like he was one of the staff (he was holding one of the little trash scooper things so I didn’t realize at first. I guess everyone there picks up trash, even the security guards went around picking up trash) He was cool though and was telling me about Lancaster Baptist who had just brought up 2,000 people a few days before. Then he gave me his business card and told me to call his cell if we had any problems. We teased all day about calling him. Whenever the lines were too long, or when X2 was temporarily delayed…

Some of the guys pose at Goliath

Miriam and Jeff and the guys

While we were waiting for the second half of our group to arrive, we went on Colossus and Scream (I had never been on either before) and then met them at Goliath because it was determined that this was a “before lunch” ride so we got it out of the way.

All day long Andrew kept us entertained with his unique use of words. We were also privileged (?) to witness a little self discovery on his part when he suddenly exclaimed “so this is how I feel!”

Throughout the day we found many interesting (to say the least) people, including lots of odd couples. One particular couple looked like they were just kids and kept the group entertained as we kept running into them. Finally at one point Tim asked for my camera since he was “going to take a picture of them.” When I got it out, he backed out and decided he wasn’t “brave enough.” So I went and took the picture.

The "cute" couple

I am not sure why, but I did. I am sure they wondered why I was taking their picture.

The last ride of the night was X2, an awesome night ride! This is definitely the most extreme coaster they have there, and I think you’d be hard pressed to find a more unique roller coaster. It’s pretty insane! I love it but at one part you hit your head on the back of the seat and that’s an instant headache! Other than that though it’s an amazing ride! Love it! We waited forever for this one. At one point, as we neared the front, it was announced that the ride was temporarily delayed. Last year when we tried to ride it this happened as well and they ended up shutting down the ride! : ( So some of our group had never even been on it yet! We were bummed this time as they kept announcing that it was still delayed, and eventually they announced that it was delayed indefinitely and maybe we should get out of line. A lot of people left, but we decided to stay and less than a minute later they announced that it was fully operational! Yay! It was a great end to the day.

On the way back to our cars, I thought I saw something running or blowing in the gutter. I looked closer and sure enough, it was a big mouse, running backwards in the gutter. The guys surmised that it was drunk as we all stood around watching. It was so strange. I have no idea why it thought running backwards was a better idea than running forward (I guess when you are a mouse you lead a fairly dull life and little things can spice it up dramatically) but it was running fast! Strange.

Anyways…Andrew and I were the only ones picking up our cars at the church and we rode back with Jeff and Miriam. When we got to church, Andrew realized that he didn’t have his keys, he had left them in Raphael’s car!

So…we just left him there.


Anyways, it was a fun, tiring day!

3 Comments leave one →
  1. Becka permalink
    April 12, 2010 8:31 am

    Sounds fun! 🙂

  2. zaza permalink
    April 12, 2010 11:28 am

    lol, jen, i can’t believe you just walked up to those people and took their pic! ha, ha. the pic looks very artistic. from the way the their positioned to that girls expression.

  3. jenmarie permalink*
    April 12, 2010 12:56 pm

    Well yeah, I wasn’t really as close as it looks, I did zoom in. But lol yeah…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: